Sunday 15 July 2012

Day one....

Ok, so this is my first blog, not sure I really get it, but I thought it might be fun.


Anyway, about me, I like bikes, not motorbikes, but good old fashioned push bikes.  As HG Wells once said "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."  For this reason I ride.


The main reason for this blog is to log my plan to get into the world of bikepacking, like backpacking, but on a bike.  


The way I work is that I get a new bike and plan a tour around it, I had a Kona Dr Dew, rode from Adrossan to Oban, then a Kona Jake the Snake, rode to the north coast of Scotland, got a Genesis Day One Alfine, with this I plan to bikepack the pennine bridleway.  Here is the bike, I plan to make a frame bag to take most of my stuff, keep an eye out for progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment